Joanne

Joanne
My life and crafting times.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Grand daughter's 10th birthday card

It is so hard to believe that my grand daughter is now 10! Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday that I held this new born precious girl in arms and cuddled with her. Good thing she will still cuddle with me when I get the rare but wonderful times with her.
The card is a 10 x 4 1/2 and then folded in half. That is easy enough. Nice a bright neon green was used and of course it is card stock.
She is into the Monkeys now and so I thought I would add that to her card. I used my cricut to cut the TEN & both monkeys. The Monkeys were cute from the cartridge that Creative Memories has called Stork's Delivery (page 64). The monkey on the front of the card was cut at 2 1/2 inches. I used both of the layers. The monkey itself is a brown cardstock (not sure which brand but I do believe I got it at Michael's) I made the girl monkey and so she has a lovely blue bow at her ear (blue is my grand daughter's favorite colour). I also inked the edges with  brown chalking in from Creative Memories. The inside monkey was cut at 4 1/4 inches. The same chalking ink was used on her with the colour for the bow.
The "TEN" is from the cartridge entitled Graphically Speaking. You can find this cut out on page 77 under the Jumbled section. I cut it from a bright pink card stock which was from Michael's as well. The edges were inked using a red.
I used pop dots to raise the "TEN" and entwined the monkey to look as though she were swinging from the "TEN". I do love how that turned out. As an after thought I decided that the bright green card stock was too plain so I decided to use a friends stamp (dots) and green ink to add a bit of colour. I do wish I thought of that before I mounted the "TEN". Oh well mistakes some times turn into master pieces.
I used my friend's stamp for the Happy Birthday. I have no idea of who put this out but it sure is cute!
That is it.
Hope this inspires you. And for you well seasoned card makers well just enjoy the beginner stages of someone trying to be creative

No comments: