Joanne

Joanne
My life and crafting times.

Thursday 1 May 2014

Busy busy

Good morning. As the post title says I have been very busy.

In January I started to crochet some slippers for a few family members and somehow managed to make a very small business out of it.Not sure how long people will want me to make some for but I am enjoying for the time being.

Here are a few pictures of the Crocodile Stitch Booties I have been working on. I made this pair for my mom while I visited for two weeks. She was quite happy with this pair.

Harlequin Crocodile Stitch Booties


Gradient blues Crocodile Stitch Booties
These are for four of our daughters. 
And this is only a few of what I have been making. Today I have worked on a pair of solid black. They are quite nice. I also added the buttons to a pair that are black with purple and a bit taller than the above booties. I am really enjoying this. 
If anyone would like the pattern for the lovely crocheted booties go here. The instructions are very clear with a lot of helpful pictures.

At the beginning of March my mother came for a wonderful two week visit. We sat around, chatted, went shopping in near by towns and went to some wonderful cafe's and restaurants. I think she was quite impressed by all the variety that is around our area.

I drove her home while our daughter Arianna was on spring break. We got to visit and see old friends and family during that two weeks. It was quite something to spend so much time with my mom. I don't think we have ever spent any one on one time together like that before.

On the way back home I got to take our three youngest granddaughters with us. They were here for two weeks. I have to admit that I was quite concerned about having the youngest for that length of time But she was such a sweet pea and I made it with not much troubles. Caelin was happy with me as her sub mom. She was a busy little gal though. 

Caelin rolling around at the park
Payton, the oldest of the three, got a Mike Wazowski t-shirts. She wanted for her and grandpa to wear their matching t-shirts. So they did!
I have my eye on you

We did lots of fun things such as go to the park, walk along a walking path, trampoline jumping, collecting rocks, setting up our trailer, make their own play dough and slime.

Makayla loved her slime

Three girls making the slime

When mom and dad returned from their Mexican vacation I was done in. I loved every minute of the my time with the girls. As they pulled up the driveway the girls were just finishing up their "practice Easter egg hunt"

Practice Easter Egg Hunts are fun too

Once the girls left I was quite ready for a rest. Lots of activities wore me down I guess. I am not used to so much activity especially with a 15 month old. 

After resting up and getting my energy back Joanne and Brian invited us to go on a day trip. We went to an old light house. It is not in use now but it is kept up by an historical society or something like that. It was a lovely day. 

Restored Lighthouse

Jim, me and Arianna in front of the lighthouse

There is a lot more that has happened over the last few months but these are just some of the highlights. 
Now off to start a new month. I am off this morning to bring another pair of slippers away.

Joanne

No comments: